2017. Organizational and Ideological Strategies for Nationalization: Evidence from European Parties (with Gabriela Borz). British Journal of Political Science (doi:10.1017/S000712341700028X).
2017. "The Role of Electoral Geography in the Territorialization of Party Systems." Electoral Studies, 47, 67-83. DOI: 10.1016/j.electstud.2016.11.013
2015. "Elections in the Arab World: Why do Citizens Turn Out?" Comparative Political Studies, 1-34 (with Amaney Jamal & Mark Tessler)
- Supplementary appendix
- Replication data
- Featured in Journalist's Resource article: "Democracy, voting and public opinion in the Arab world: New research evidence" (August 2015)
2015. "Nationalism and Ethnic Heterogeneity: The Importance of Local Context for Nationalist Party Vote Choice." Electoral Studies, 39, 129-141 (with Peter J. Loewen & Maxime Heroux-Legault).
2010. "Electoral Patterns in Federal Countries: Moderating in the Case of Spain" in Jan Erk and Wilfried Swenden (eds.), New Directions in Federalism Studies, European Consortium for Political Research Series, London: Routledge.
Divided Geographies: Diversity, Inclusive Parties and the Conditions for Nationalization. Work in Progress.
Work under review and in progress
- What Can the “Gendered Psyche” tell us about the Gender Gap in Political Self-Efficacy? (with Marta Fraile). R&R.
- Women and Voting in the Arab World: Explaining the Gender Gap. Working paper.
- Federalism, Fiscal Decentralization and Party System Territorialization in Democratic Countries: A Large-N Analysis. Working paper.
- Decentralization, parties and party systems (book chapter in Handbook of Decentralization, Devolution and the State). Work in progress.
- Opening the Black Box of the Gendered Psyche: Experiments to Explain the Gender Gap in Political Self-Efficacy (with Marta Fraile and Dani Marinova). Work in progress.